Saturday, December 26, 2015

End-of-Year poems

UMCOR: My favorite mission site, Baldwin Louisiana
Shirts displayed at UMW's fall tea, SUMC
 


imagine getting
a call from the Space Station!
"Sorry, wrong number!"
[from the news]
~~
 
Where's my
REJOICE coffee
mug? I choose a Christmas-
tree one, fill it with yesterday's
coffee,
 open
the microwave
to heat it--there's the mug!
I got distracted when Eric's
arrived.
~~
 
warm winter solstice--
birds busy bathing
in the clean water:
robins, sparrow, cardinal
mockingbird and a bluebird!
~~
 
Three days
before Christmas,
I drink from a snowman
mug on this 70-degree
evening.
~~
 
lemonade stand
on Christmas Eve day
seventy degrees
[news]
~~


 
 
 
 
 

 
 


4 comments:

  1. Dot Hatfield tried to comment, but when she clicked on post, her comment disappeared. I wonder why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed these, Pat. Both the poems and the photos. Thanks, and Happy 2016! Faye Adams

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good poems reflecting our un-December weather and the holiday distractions.

    ReplyDelete