Thursday, March 13, 2014

Winter weary, so on the first warm day of March.............

[Couchwood, southwest flower bed detail, PL]
 
3/10/14
 
first warm March day
into daylight savings time
taking the plants outside
~~
 
Only
minutes after
I take the plants outside,
a breeze drifts in, as if to say
Too soon!
~~
 
first warm March day
after the brutal winter
I rake leaves, pull vines
  (vinca and ivy) twisting
   twining among spring bulbs
~~
 
warm March afternoon
pruning gardenias,
lorapetalum
   leaves that sustained winter burn
   oak leaves served as mulch
~~
 
3/12/14
 
Mother
Nature, you rule!
My mother, you were right!
Don't put the house plants out until
April!
~~
 
 PL, c 2014, lovepat press
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. I've been dragging my plants in and out trying to protect them from this crazy weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the rest I took out today. Too bad if they get windblown. Mom's last pot of begonias got wind-skinned like dad with a pair of scissors on the front porch on a Sunday morning. Victims had to wear a scarf to church!!! (True story.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please come and work in my yard. So much to do now that spring has sprung.

    ReplyDelete