Thursday, June 6, 2013

New journal, new porch position, new poems

Couchwood porch--facing east
 
on the same day
finishing one journal
beginning another
 
 
The new journal, a Mother's Day gift from daughter Annamarie, measures 9 x 7 inches. It will hold a lot of stuff.
 
June 5
summer's heat
finally kicks in
 
 
 I change
my morning seat
from swing to molded chair
so I can see the hydrangeas,
lilies.
 
A short wooden stepladder (flea market find) serves as a coffee mug holder, and a metal card-table chair (a second-hand purchase) serves--with pillows added--as a table for the journal.
 
Beyond
the emerging
hydrangeas' blue, purple
and pink blooms are coreopsis,
lilies.
 
Easter
lilies--long past
this year's early Easter--
finally bloom, showing their bright
faces.
 
after blooming,
old wisteria sends  runners
into the air.
 
Facing
the north, I can
watch trees--pecan, walnut,
maple, locust, holly--move in
the breeze.
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Very nice. Sets such a peaceful image and picturesque setting. Cute house Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tracie. Wish you could/would come visit me sometime. Do you ever drive through on I-30? I'm only 5 miles north off Congo Rd exit.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute house! I love starting a new journal:))

    ReplyDelete