Thursday, June 27, 2013

Poems of the season














 

Haiku
two strands of web
move in the wind
shine in the sun
~~~~

the rising sun
in its huge redness
now in my camera
~~~~

Cinquain

"Early summer; early morning"

Watered:
cussed the cheap green
hose that kinked every time
I pulled it farther from the far
faucet.
~~~~

3 Campmeeting observations

Mama
is smiling down
to see--on the mourners'
bench--a bouquet of her hydrangea
blossoms.
~~~~

We park
where cabins stood
a century ago.
Now, the only vestige is a
dug well.
~~~~

Sawdust
floor is no more:
concrete the answer for
those with allergies, flip-flops and
sandals.
~~~~








4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed these...the heat is so oppressive that it is keeping me inside today...I think I have the brother of your green garden hose!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice poems. Thanks for sharing. Beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claudia, is that you? Thanks for visiting. Those hoses--ack!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracie, thanks for commenting. The bouquet WAS beautiful-it graced the sanctuary Sunday morning, then the mourners' bench on Sunday and Monday nights (campmeeting).

    ReplyDelete