Friday, May 31, 2013

Wrapping up May in cinquains from other years

May 3 --

Adding
this season's spent
Easter lily to my
side-yard assortment of foliage
and blooms.
~~~

May 8 --

I snap
my summer robe
all the way down against
the coolish, early-morning breeze.
Brr! Brr!
~~~

May 9 --

To my
Mother, a bag
of potting soil and a
flat of dianthus that I'll have
to plant.
~~~

May 12 --

Mother
Nature answers
our need for moisture, but
on the weekend when a book fair
is planned.
~~~

May 13 --

"Let me
paint your toenails,
Grandma," the 5-year-old
said. Might as well live it up while
I can.
~~~

May 18 --

A bird
flies to the high
wire, but with the dense oak
leaves, all I can see is its tail
flicking.
~~~

May 27 --

Gosh! You're
a noisy bird!
Are you a teenager
who hasn't learned to modulate
your voice?
~~~



2 comments: