Sunday, September 5, 2010

Learning more about blogging at WCCW conference

Geez! Guess I'll have to rename my blog--and make other changes. That is, if I listen to Linda Fulkerson, Blog Coach and Internet Marketing Advisor, (see http://onbloggingwell.com/) who spoke at the White County Creative Writers (Searcy, Arkansas) conference yesterday.
From notes I took as she barreled through her allotted time with hardly a breath, I learned that:
(1) My (anyone's) blog should contain "excellent content about solutions to a specific problem the public has or on subjects the public is interested in. A blog should be relevant, authoritative.
(2). A blog should foster activity. Ask a question at the end of your posts. Host guest posts. This is another way to "network."
(3) Linking: Swap links. Your blog is your face to the general public, she said. Get your name out there as much as possible.
(4) Blog at least twice a week. Oops! for sure, that's a change.
~~~ Pat Laster, author of the forthcoming novel, A Journey of Choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment