Friday, September 24, 2010

Impending birth of A Journey of Choice

Two and 1/2 more weeks, she said, and my first novel, A Journey of Choice, should be ready to order at iUniverse.com. In two more weeks, it should be available at Amazon.com and Barnes&Noble.
The writing part took long enough--from 1998 to 2010--that's the "art," someone said.
The publication--the "business" part--from the day I submitted the manuscript, June 24 of this year till the day I hold the finished book in my hand will have taken a little over three months. And close to $2,000, counting the reading fees I willingly gave two of my friends.
Oh, iUniverse set the prices for the books, not me.
A friend who heard me read two chapters to her study club told me it reminded her of "...that Portis guy, what's his name?" Great praise, comparing my book to Charles Portis of True Grit fame.
We'll see.
Pat Laster, Benton AR USA

No comments:

Post a Comment