Saturday, August 28, 2010

Old journal yields unrecorded poems

In searching for something else, I found several poems written in August 2008 but not transcribed to 3 by 5 cards as has always been my habit. (When I transcribe, I put a check mark thru them in the journal.) Here are the five I found. The others are current.

overnight
green beautyberries
turn purple

A piece
of mail for each:
college boy gone two days
and Mother, who died two short years
ago.

cat in the dry leaves~
low-flying helicopter
usurps thunder's noise

butterfly bush blooms
the same day I see
a hummingbird

cat risking wet paws
searches in the unmown grass
for whatever moves
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

coffee tastes better
when sipping from Wedgwood~
a hot wind blows

The night
of the second
day of school, a fight breaks
out involving guns, teens, several
arrests.

retired director-
cum-choir member forgets
hides gum in her jaw

roadside grass crispy
a vine completely covers
the YIELD sign

c August 2010
Pat Laster, lovepat press

No comments:

Post a Comment