Friday, May 11, 2018

Mid-May flowers and one poem

PESKY--UNTIL THEY BLOOM
Privet,
honeysuckle,
hated most of the year
are spring-welcome, their aroma
sublime.
PL - [5.11.'18]
~ ~ ~ ~


Dianthus with driftwood

Dianthus and oxalis

Dutch iris. I was afraid they weren't going to bloom. I trimmed the burning bush and azalea that hemmed them in. Lo! and behold, they're blooming.

Oxalis that might crowd out the coreopsis, cone flower and purple jew

A second-year patch of white oxalis photo bombed by a mullein pink/ Rose Campion/ lambs ear. (And the photog's shadow.)

All these photos except the privet one taken May 11, '18 on my LG tablet. I email them to myself, save them to a pictures folder, then voila! I can use them for my blogs.

c 2018, Pat Laster, dba lovepat press, Benton AR USA


No comments:

Post a Comment