Monday, September 5, 2016

Though it's not yet fall, folks are calling September "autumn" - poems

Couchwood in autumn, PL

DELICIOUS FATIGUE
Falling
into the bed
without nightly reading--
bushed from two days of minding a
toddler.

LEGACY
Out of
fifty tulips
he gave her before he
died, the pink one lasted until
Easter.

OH, NO!
After
company left,
I sat down to relax,
saw a dryer sheet peek from my
pant leg.

HAIKU
while I'm reading
a crisp brown leaf
sails onto my journal
~~
white spaces
in the haiku journal
ideal for my own
~~
at the last minute
the singer changing his song
to "Amazing Grace."
~~

c 2016, PL dba lovepat press. First 3 poems from "September Cinquains," 2003; haiku from "a lamp to work by," 2012

4 comments:

  1. I always enjoy these posts. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a dear! Thanks. Looking forward to you-know-what.

      Delete
  2. I've been sweeping some of those falling leaves off my patio today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many more leaves to come down, huh? Thanks for commenting. xoxo

      Delete