Monday, October 12, 2015

With Windows 10, I can't get a pic for this poetry blog. So..........

"Being a poet is one of the unhealthier jobs--no regular hours, so many temptations!" - Elizabeth Bishop, found in Book Lover's Calendar for 2015 for the weekend of October 10& 11.

.............. here are some lately-written shorties.

CINQUAINS

Then don't look!
Outside
their fence, they place--
by their full trash bin--more
and smaller bags. They can't see, but
I can!
~~

Mistaken Identity
Help! Help!
An owl swooped down
and snatched my lure; got snagged
on a fish hook. I called the Feds"
"Come quick!"
~~

Around the Homestead
Privet
branches brush crisp,
fallen maple leaves on
the barrow trip to the growing
brush pile.
~~

Union Trust Co., Little Rock
Sadly,
that old building--
its striking art-deco
style notwithstanding--torn down for
parking.
~~

The Visitor
A black
butterfly flies
the length of the front porch,
veers off and disappears. Oh! It
comes back.
~~

c PL, dba lovepat press, 2015

2 comments:

  1. A black butterfly with small colorful markings visited my deck yesterday, but I was talking on my phone so I couldn't take a picture! Enjoyed your poems today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dorothy. Those butterflies are something else, aren't they?

      Delete