Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Web of Love--a poem

(Google Images)
 

The Web of Love
(Kyrielle pattern)

 My love is like the spider’s web:
when finished, it’s a cause celebre.
        It’s pliant in its lacy case
and glistens from my radiant face.

         Some say that love is ever new;
that love’s built daily, glue by glue.
        Love’s strands spin out with interlace
        and glisten from my radiant face.

         No lured distractions hide the goal
of meshing thread by thread, till, whole––
        the web of love is filled with grace.
It glistens from my radiant face.
 

4 comments:

  1. I love this. Did you write it this week at Dairy Hollow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, but it's not very old. I haven't written a poem since the first day or two here. I couldn't get the spaces to do right since I cut/pasted it from a document. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this poem. Might have to include in a love note to my guy with correct attribution, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting form. New to me. I like the way the repetition blends.

    ReplyDelete