Thursday, October 25, 2012

Is my hill haunted?

 
 
 
by Pat Laster 
 
Three more
black cats, the same
size as the two who claim
this hill, showed up for breakfast. I
shoo-ed them,
 
but they
didn't go far,
turned, sat as if to wait
till I left. By then, the breakfast
was gone.
~~~~
 
Nearly
Halloween. My
own free decorations:
on two windowsills, black cats sit
posing.
~~~~
 
nearly Halloween
egg cartons and tissue rolls
parking lot litter
~~~~
 
bright jack o'lantern
guiding goblins' path ... alas 
rainy Halloween
~~~~
 
calico crouching
in the trick-or-treat bag
her shining eyes
~~~~
 
red lanterns
strung along the dark cavern
of the spook house
~~~~
 
c 2012 by Pat Laster dba lovepat press
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Yep! Come and gone! I've written a dozen short poems since I've been here; published most of them either in the column/blog or on this blog. Others were written earlier. p

    ReplyDelete