Friday, April 27, 2012

Recent Poems- some ideas found in the newspaper

#125-12 my small funeral purse and cloth handkerchief back in their places ~~~(actual) #139-12 "Avalanche" Eighty feet of snow, mud and boulders lie between the rescuers and the hundreds buried. ~~~ #146-12 the pope dons a sombrero for the Mexico parade ~~~ #147-12 "Out of the Corner Of My Eye" Movement: I looked up, saw a large black dog running across my yard. I yelled, and it took off. ~~~ (actual) #148-12 "What a Shock!" Baby Cat--now a mom (surprising us all) cries hungrily at the window. I feed her. ~~~ (actual) #149-12 "The Right Place at the Right Time" Pronounced stillborn and laid in a casket, the child trembled. Her visiting parents noticed. ~~~ #154-12 circumsised as an infant, the inmate sues the hospital ~~~ #155-12 volcano blows-- ash and steam in the air not stopping the birds ~~~ #157-12 "The View" I move containered plants-- pink roses and pansies-- so I can see them from the place I write. ~~~(actual) c 2012 by Pat Laster dba lovepat press

2 comments:

  1. Enjoying you poems--are you a Dairy Hollow alum--your name is familiar.

    ReplyDelete