Thursday, April 5, 2012

... Hello to April--again

"Anniversary"

Six-year
azaleas, lush
with pink florescence,
a memorial to Mom from
her friends.
~~~

tiger swallowtail
stopping by the azaleas,
then the dianthus
~~~

"The Large and Small of It"
A young
boy in flip-flops
walks on rails beside huge
wheels of the last locomotive
built for

Union
Pacific line
in 1944--
this day, used for historical
display.
~~~

a strong burst of wind
sheers off a leg-sized limb
one foot from my car
~~~

"Games"
Two black
cats interrupt
my outside reading with
one chasing the other around
the house,

like we
children did when
playing Ante-Over
(Auntie Over?). I wonder which
cat won.
~~~

Kum Ba Ya
over and over ... singing
his cat to sleep
~~~

the family scattered --
Easter lunch for two
at Taco Bell
~~~

c 2012 by Pat Laster dba lovepat press
See my prose blog at Pitty Patter (pittypatter-pittypatter.blogspot.com)

1 comment:

  1. I dropped by to read your poems. Enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete