Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Making the best of the new year-- poems

NEW YEAR'S DAY POEMS OF THE PAST

New Year's morning
quiet after the light snow
except for the creek
(1997)

January first
each dated tree ornament
a year older
(2003)

replacing
old calendar with new
full of things to do
(2004)

New Year's project:
finding the stuff I stashed away
before Christmas
(2006)

23 degrees
first day of the year, I read
Season's spring haiku
(Carolyn Thomas)
(2008)

new holiday towels
wisps of clean gray hair now red
in the shower drain
 (2009)

new woodsy backyard
enjoying the birdfeeder
and binoculars
(2013)

first day of new year
two inches of snow
and no birds
(2017)

again, New Year's Day
reading all eight of earlier
haiku booklets
(2019)



c 2019, PL dba lovepat press, Benton AR USA

4 comments:

  1. No longer queen: supplanted by Faye Gwinn and Stacy Pendergrast. I gladly bow out; I've had my turn, but thanks, love.

    ReplyDelete