Monday, April 16, 2018

Blogging: various poems from "Variations"


SUPPLICATION

Mottled
cottonwoods, nude
against a winter sky,
beg mother nature for a snow
cover.
~ ~ ~

SUNSET ON BEAVER LAKE
Sunset's
saber
flashing
across
gentle
ripples
spreads
what
appears
to be
golden
nougat
topping
~ ~ ~ ~

In Eureka Springs, tornado watch, April '18
IF TREES COULD TALK

If trees could talk, what would we say?
--that General Hunter passed my way

in June of eighteen-sixty-four,
retreating from the Lynchburg Corps;

--that Rebel boys fell at my feet,
blood soaking roots in summer's heat;

--that cannon balls so deeply sunk
scarred but did not kill my trunk.

A la Marceau, our language rife,
and stubbornly, we cling to life.
~ ~ ~ ~

HAIKU
library vestibule--
a homeless man
escapes east winds
~ ~ ~ ~



Under
rosemary's gray,
a red leaf from last year
catches my eye. I sit and write
poems.
~ ~ ~ ~

c 2018, PL dba lovepat press,  Benton AR USA

No comments:

Post a Comment