Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Rain and other subjects - poems

HAIKU

rain
running along the roof line
away from the storm
~~~

CINQUAINS

Last night,
a thunderstorm.
This morning, pine needles
carpet streets and roadways like brown
velvet.
~~~

THE SAFARI ROOM-I
Couldn't
tell if it was
thunder or the traffic
this early Sunday evening in
Piggott.

HEAR ME ROAR - II
Thirty
minutes later,
thunder rumbled around
this building as if to say, "I'm
thunder!"
~~~





SHOO! (FLICK)

The rim
of my coffee
cup close to the fireplace
sports an Asian beetle nosing
around.

POST-RETREAT

Sleeping
around the clock
after a week away
with no op for my usual
naptime.

c 2017 PL, dba lovepat press

1 comment:

  1. I know about Asian beetles! Love that you could sleep around the clock. . .I dream of doing that. Loving the thunder!

    ReplyDelete