Monday, May 15, 2017

Poems -- from today . . . backwards

May 15 - 2017

Between
morning bird calls
the sound of sirens as
they approach: a sheriff's speeding
cruiser.

RETIRED - YAY!
Walking
to mail birthday
cards, I watch two yellow
buses pass on this last Monday.
I wave.
~ ~ ~
May 14 2017

Neighbor's
mailbox askew
again, even after
I stripped the vine, and he attached
plywood.
~ ~ ~
May 13 2017

Cool breeze
at my back, an
opus of birdsongs, bright
sunshine's shadows on the wet grass.
Praise be!
~ ~ ~
May 12 2017

THE RETURN
A dove
under the seed
feeder--the first one I've
seen on this acre in two, three,
four years.
~ ~ ~
May 11 2017

Storming.
The cat is scared.
I try comforting him,
but he doesn't trust me, hides in
stairwell.

PL-- dba lovepat press

View from back deck of 505, WCDH
birdsong everywhere

3 comments:

  1. Inspiring. I need to write a daily blog poem too. (Starting next week)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good modeling for me. Thank you. I like how you peak my interest but don't tell the whole story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. More good poems. Max is terrified of storms. Now he comes where I am and looks so pitiful.

    ReplyDelete