Thursday, March 30, 2017

A spring day in cinquains-March 30 '17

Lenten Roses - photo by Uncle Norval Ziegler, Oak Ridge, TN

I. I hear
doves from across
the road. Cardinals--from
behind me--chitter. Cool after
the storm.

II. & III. Mocker
eats from the new
suet cake on a limb
of the still-bare beautyberry.
Red bird

against
the blue metal
feeder has trouble with
perching peg. I need to fill both
feeders.


IV. A large
red-headed wood-
pecker at the suet
cake until I moved to take a
photo.

V. Pink bloom
of azalea
falls onto the growing
hosta's heart. They nestle nicely.
I smile.

VI. "Please God, no fatalities"
Siren
sounding frantic
on vehicle headed
west on the freeway. Now, the air
is still.

VII. "Cloudy, but bright"
No lights
in the sky, but
plenty around. Grounded
nightlights abundant in neighbors'
acres.

VIII. "Easy to read"
With two
floodlight bulbs, my
"patio" area
is bathed in enough light that I
can write.

IX. "Contentment"
I sit
outside at night.
The yard light shows a red
bougainvillea newly blossomed.
I sigh.

THE END

1 comment:

  1. My Lenten Rose has been so pretty. All nice, but I especially like IX.

    ReplyDelete