Friday, November 18, 2016

Cinquains from past Novembers

I gave Lydia one small African violet and look what happened.
They are in her west window. She feeds them as she waters.

BAKING DAY
Green beans
and onion fight
with the sweet aroma
of pear cobbler & blueberry
muffins.
[2008]
~~~~

MY CHILDREN, THANKSGIVING
One in
Florida, two
at in-laws; least one home
with new baby. Thank God for Mom,
siblings.
[2001]
~~~~

THANKSGIVING
So much
is being made
of tradition this year
of fear. Togetherness--all that
matters.
[2001]
~~~~

NO CROATIONS WANTED
Fifty
miles of razor
wire fencing, protecting
Slovenia from immigration
masses.
[2015]
~~~~

LITTLE RIVER COUNTY, ARK.
Voters
okayed selling
beer, wine, marijuana*
but nixed increasing library
millage.
* for medical purposes

[2016]
~~~~

HOLIDAY DECOR
Soft glow
of the mantel
decorated for fall:
butter churn, autumn leaves, pumpkins,
gourds, nuts.
[2013]
~~~~

FIFTEEN, NOW
Fourteen
new poems flowed
from my pen while 'living'
ten days at Dairy Hollow. Am
I blest!
[2012]

~~~~
~~~~
c 2016 PL dba lovepat press

1 comment:

  1. The violets are beautiful. I have some that show out when I feed them properly. I enjoyed your poems. The Little River one is a bit sad to me.

    ReplyDelete