Thursday, October 6, 2016

Haiku for Autumn - traditional and modern

brown thrasher's
daily bath
my daily treat
~~
squirrel finally finds
the fake corn I provide
leaves birdseed alone
~~
two new maroon blooms
on the first-year clematis
early fall's cool snap
~~
windfall pear--
the bottom half
rotting
~~
too cool
for the AC
too quiet
~~
the vet
remembers
my other name
but not me
~~
58 degrees--
me with a jacket
the worker shirtless
~~
sunshine
through the sprinkler
a rainbow
~~
reading
Upstate Dim Sum
such spare haiku
~~~~~
~~~~
c  2016, PL dba lovepat press, Benton AR USA

3 comments:

  1. I'm catching up on my reading! I always enjoy your verse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff. Haiku is my favorite form. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your verse. Thanks for these moments and glances.

    ReplyDelete