Sunday, September 20, 2015

September Cinquains

brother Guy Couch's begonia
 
HIDDEN
The height
of deceit: a
perfect windfall pear, just
right for breakfast, yielded a mere
six bites.
 
FAUNA
Plumb-lined
in a row: CAT
crouching on the porch edge
eyeing the sitting SQUIRREL. Beyond,
a BIRD.
 
ANOTHER TIME, PERHAPS?
A black
butterfly flits
toward the bucket of pears
ready to be "worked up." I show,
it goes.
 
MID-SEPTEMBER, 2012
Bringing
the portable
heater inside to warm
the bathroom after a dip in
the temp.
 
BAROMETER
During
the night, my toes
ached. 'The weather's changing'
I thought. Sure enough, thunderstorms
forecast.
 
SUSTENANCE
Outside
the south window,
a juvenile, gray bird
feasts on a circlet of beauty-
berries.
 
c 2015 PL

3 comments:

  1. Like the two poems with pears best....really captures the season. It is autumn day here as it is gray and cool, but heat is to return. Very busy and not much reading and when I do read, it is in three or four books at once! I have started your book and find it quite nice so far. Need to get back with the story! No writing at all. Enjoy the autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes my wrist aches where I broke it when the weather changes and I just hate it when I'm set to get a picture and the subject flies, runs... away! Enjoyed today's poems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to each one in some way. You have such a way with words.

    ReplyDelete