Thursday, November 13, 2014

Chorales in cinquains

chorale - a simple hymn tune
She Surprised Herself
 
After
only one week
in the Ozarks, our friend--
a writer from Ontario--
said 'y'all.'
PL~~~
 
After
the pear harvest,
the south winds wrestle one
recalcitrant fruit to the ground.
My treat!
PL~~~
 
Andy Rooney 1919-2011
 
Though he
had two machines
in his office--to press
pants and shine shoes--he always looked
rumpled.
PL, from the news~~~

In the Mountains

I sell
two of my books--
$30. I spend
thirty-five shopping at thrift stores
for "fleas."
PL~~~

Creation?

Fish grease
and olive oil
mix on the sheet of foil,
create shapes like islands before
my eyes.
PL~~~

Be Careful What You Ask For

She called
out for added
singers in the Advent
program. A dozen teenaged boys
showed up.
PL~~~

Autumn's Fallen

Four leaves--
maple, dogwood,
tulip poplar, sweet gum--
two red, two yellow, now grace my
table.
PL~~~


3 comments:

  1. I'm wondering about that fish grease and olive oil! As usual lovely poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyable! Hopefully the teenagers still sing tenor.

    ReplyDelete