Thursday, September 4, 2014

Short poems for the season

Eureka Springs in the fall - PL
 
SENRYU
 
accidentally
watering
the silk plant
~~
 
while coffee heats
I load the dishwasher
walk off without joe
~~
 
watering
the pet cemetery's
volunteer dogwood
~~
 
HAIKU
 
ethereal web
seen only for a moment
in the morning sun
~~
 
TANKA
 
pruning
again--
again
a bouquet
of branches
~~
 
CINQUAIN
 
"Napkin at the Ready"
 
Homegrown
tomatoes, Schwan's
bacon and watery
lettuce on rye--the juice runs down
my arm.
~~
 
"Doggedness"
 
Baby
bumblebee tries
to nose into the rose.
It didn't score enough so tries
again.
~~
 
c 2014 Pat Laster dba lovepat press

3 comments:

  1. Nice display of these forms of poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pat. I'm posting again to see how my photo shows with my Google account. Enjoyed your seasonal poems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the spider web...you caught just how it is...webs are autumn, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete