Friday, December 13, 2013

Poems on today's monthly calendars

crest wind-ruffled
yet the blue jay keeps calling--
unseasonably cold
        from "Connecting Our Houses"--1997
~~
gave Christmas letters
a bad name ... 2,000 words
mostly "I," "me," "my"
        from "Poems for December: Found & Otherwise" --2002
~~

only a few more
"Behave yourself" days
until Christmas
      from "Dynamic December"--2003
~~

"... freak about Christmas,"
she said. "Every flat surface
gets decorated."
        from "a branch of red leaves"-- 2005
~~

in the south window
a spider web and Windex
await my action
        from "in front of the moon" -- 2010
~~

massive oak limb
    crushing
the antique fence
        from "rising to the top" -- 2012
~~
PL, dba lovepat press

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pat. I am wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas this year. It looks like the cold wind has arrived early in your neighborhood. We are noticing some cool morning here too. May Jesus Christ bless you as you celebrate his nativity this year. Christmas cheer from the Prices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, hello to you Prices!! And thank you for reading/commenting on my blog, not to mention your helping me to begin the journey (which I love). Yep, we are frozen in. This Thursday morning, ice covers all the vegetation, tree limbs fell, water pipe burst... but other than that, all's right with God's world. Happy New Year to you and yours. pl

      Delete