Friday, December 28, 2012

Snow Slows Things Down

by Pat Laster

back to the ballpoint--
all the hi-tech equipment
down with the ice storm
~~~~

stranded at the Inn--
while waiting for the snowmelt
we use the hot tub
~~~~

Snow so
thick on tree limbs
between, the neighbor's house
is invisible--six or more
inches.
~~~~

Sunlit
maple branches
are completely tinseled,
icicled and wind-swayed--like some
postcards.
~~~~

what a pity!
the big beautiful snow
and no camera
~~~~

"Power Outage"
Hungry,
but trying not
to open the fridge. I
nosh on peanut butter and
raisins.
~~~~

ecstatic grandchild
visiting from Florida
sees Arkansas snow!
~~~~

"White Christmas, begone!"
Snow blown
against the north
storm windows remains days
after the first, ice-first  storm of
winter.
#####










4 comments:

  1. I love snow. Probably because we rarely get it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat...I prefer the "telephoto lens" of your ballpoint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snow was beautiful and I would have welcomed it minus the ice beneath. I'm glad your grandchild got to play in the snow though I don't think I'd want to live fulltime where it never snows. like an occasional snowfall, but not this kind of disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Todd, thanks for visiting and commenting. I sometimes have to go to the Comments section of the dashboard (or somewhere) to even know that someone has been to my blog. Stay warm

    ReplyDelete