Thursday, July 19, 2012

SO HOT FOR SO LONG

Grandson Billy wetting down the oaks before burning the massive brush pile earlier this year


A few poems for the dry and hot season the nation is currently in.

so hot for so long
the beautyberry leaves
curl and brown
~~~

electric meter's
unending circle's
this summer
~~~

mid-summer heat
dairy cattle udder deep
in the stock pond
~~~

hellphase of summer
incandescent skies
forcing me indoors
(from Arkansas Times)
~~~

Weather
determines my
day's schedule in some ways:
No rain? I water the plants; too
much sun?

I move
out of the swing
to the shade. Too hot? I
retreat inside to the AC's
comfort.
~~~

c 2012 by Pat Laster dba lovepat press

2 comments:

  1. hellphase of summer... couldn't agree more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it's 80 degrees at 6:30 a.m., it is indeed a hellphase. How cool/hot is it in Mtn. Home?

    ReplyDelete