Thursday, February 23, 2012

Seventy degrees by dusk in central Arkansas

For the first time in several weeks, I took the old notebook, pen and newspaper outside to the porch swing. It was 50 degrees at 8 am.

HAIKU
sunny winter day
titmouse on the gutter sings
and doves call
~~~
a lone goose flies
into the sun's round brightness
this first day of Lent
~~~
broken branch dangles
and sways on the old oak tree
I hear spring peepers
~~~

RUSH HOUR
Mocker
on the high wire
tries to out-sing the noise
of passing cars this warm winter
morning
~~~

The wind kicked up as predicted, so I betook myself and my materials back inside to the dining table where I not only read/write, buy occasionally eat.
Later on toward dusk, I took the puzzles and once again sat in the swing.

HAIKU
warm winter dusk
the sounds of children outside
spawning memories
~~~
as dusk falls
my eyes and the newsprint
words fail to connect
~~~

c 2012 by Pat Laster dba lovepat press

No comments:

Post a Comment