Thursday, November 17, 2011

Nearly Thanksgiving

POEMS FOR THE SEASON

'depleted foliage
from a waning autumn'
he fishes for bass
[from a picture by William Moore,and part of the caption, ADG. This is called a 'found' poem.]
~~~

on my day off
I sit on the porch
revel in the rain
~~~

every leaf gone
from the once-brilliant
sassafras
~~~

speckled maple leaf
blows over my shoulder
onto my journal
'write about me' it beckons
'so my life will mean something'
~~~

all paws in the dish
gleaning for leftover bits
the lone kitten
~~~

bumble bee
disappears
into the bucket of pears
~~~

a foggy morning
the sun sending starburst rays
through the tops of pines
[ADG picture, B. Krain]
~~~

northwestern cloud bank
layers of pinks and blues
of the lightest hues
~~~

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL
c 2011 by Pat Laster dba lovepat press

No comments:

Post a Comment