Thursday, September 29, 2011

"It's the little things we do ..." - Willa Hoey*

(*from The Joy of Words published by the Ferguson Publishing Co. 1960, Chicago.)

Here are some little poems of mine. Some were inspired by news articles; some by nature around me. Enjoy.

THE STORM
Thunder's
shaking the porch
(made of concrete) that holds
the swing. Too close for me; I go
inside.
~~~

SAYS THE PRIME MINISTER
Dangers
of nuclear
technology are cause
enough for Japan to reduce
program.
~~~

cool in the shade
should I mow now
or wait till evening?
~~~

CHURCHILL DOWNS
At least
one racehorse barn
as well as the chapel
were damaged by a tornado.
Some folks

might yell,
"Divine judgment!"
but it won't do any
good. "Just a twist of nature," the
answer.
~~~

sunset
on the placid lake
of her painting
~~~

FATHER OF CRYONICS MOVEMENT
"...frozen under
optimum conditions
to have one more chance."
~~~

chickadee
at the feeder
ant on my arm
~~~

c 2011 by Pat Laster dba lovepat press

1 comment:

  1. "Little Things" -I learned this poem in the third grade (1970) and am not sure of every line. Could you please refresh my memory? I'd love to put it in a frame and hang in my home.

    ReplyDelete