Monday, July 18, 2011

Computer woes - worse this time than before

After he saved all my information on a thumb drive, Mr. Tech wiped my computer clean.
I spent an hour this morning reading on in Roy Blount Jr.'s Alphabetter Juice while the recovery drive restored my stuff. Yet, I still can't access my up-link account or my document folder, and I only found this "favorite"--my blog-- by "googling" it on my browser. The list of "favorites" is gone. My myriad newspaper columns appear to be gone. Oh, I hope they are somewhere on that thumb drive.Guess I need to call Stephen who repaired the computer after Julian only thought it was repaired. It cost me nothing the second time but a Lexar thumb drive to back up all my files. Then Stephen wiped it clean--as clean as if it came from the factory, he said. (He was amazed that I had no back-up discs. Tsk, tsk.)

July 8.

treetops and roof vents
moving this summer morning
cool in the shadows
~~
cat joins me
on the picnic-table bench
his white paws so white
~~
July 11

Robin
in the freshly
filled birdbath on this mid-
summer, 3-digit temp, humid
evening.
~~
a slight July breeze
the gift Mandevilla
swivels slowly
~~
the AC broken
why do I swelter with two
fans in the attic?
~~

July 13

all of a sudden
a north wind furls the flag
cools my shoulders--
and just as quickly
is gone
~~
eighty-two degrees
at six o'clock a.m.
a dove calls
~~
July 14

earth-shaking thunder
preceding the needed rain
during this mid-summer day--
afterwards, a full rainbow
arcing the southern sky
~~
Morning's
temperature
dropped ten degrees since this
time yesterday when a t-storm
roared through.
~~
A cup
of fresh coffee--
half caff and half decaf--
with a packet of sweetener, tastes
sublime.

c July 18 2011 by Pat Laster dba lovepat press
Look for my novel, A Journey of Choice, on Amazon or Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment