Saturday, April 17, 2010

Another April in the Arkansas Ozarks

In residence at The Writer's Colony at Dairy Hollow in Eureka Springs (begun as a bed and breakfast by author Crescent Dragonwagon) for a two week stay during each of the past four Aprils (once, in mid-March), I have written many pieces of short poetry, as well as continued my effort to finish a long-in-progress novel, A Journey of Choice. Below are some of the poems. pl

After
last week's lively
Lucidity Retreat,
I sequester myself to write
and write.
~
removing
the trappings of public life:
earrings, dickey, bra
~
through the latticework
a pair of robins
from who knows where
~
parking ticket
in this tourist town where I
only sought directions
~
Healthy
dandelions~
their gray puffs the only
plant blooming in the untended
front bed.
~
'clop-de-clop-de-clop'
soon brings into view a white
touring carriage
~
gentle mountain rain
below rumbles of thunder~
a bird calls at dusk
~
packing the car~
as if in blessing
redbud blossoms fall

c lovepat press 2007
Pat Laster, Benton AR USA

1 comment:

  1. I actually like this but it is like looking at a kaleidoscope of what you are experiencing. JimV

    ReplyDelete