Saturday, March 6, 2010

March into March-- cinquains and other short forms

Changes (a tripod)
Silently,
I sit apart and muse
about the puzzling death of our love--
how green can turn to brown
so quickly.
~
Coincidence (cinquain)
Nearby,
cathedral bells
ring Vespers; far away,
a locomotive blows. Two sounds,
same pitch.
~
Donald Tatman, Arkadelphia AR
Three books
published after
he turned ninety. Wrote them
out in longhand in a Big Chief
tablet.
~
I wondered why the bird fussed
(cinquain sequence)
Cleaning
for patio
picnic, I stashed extra
stuff in the garage. The next week
I found

--to my
dismay-- a nest
in a small watering
can. I looked closer: a long-cold
wren's egg.
~
Couldn't Be! (limerick)
In charge of a grandson named Fred,
He told me just what his friends said:
"Unless she's a pixie
Your 'Mom can't be sixty.
If she were that old, she'd be dead!"
~
c 2010 lovepat press

1 comment: