Friday, July 31, 2009

Last day of July 09

Since I can't get Pat's patter to give me a NEW POST bar, I'll have to go with this new one, pittypatter. Still at blogspot. For those who read the latest Pat's Patter, with the list of surnames? Here is a portion of a novel chapter using as many of those names as possible. The words used are in caps in this venue. Just an example of how I use the newspaper in writing.

"While he was gone, I looked in his wagon. There were several bottles of salve made of BUFFALO BUSH BERRies for BURNS, KEY rings with little HORNS blown by clowns with JOLLY on their shirts, a WOLF pelt, a MAY issue of Saturday Evening Post, a STERN-faced doll with a GRAY and WHITE outfit that reminded me of a fierce nun."

Places in central AR have had 10 inches of rain during this month, but it is sunny today. Wettest July since the late 1890s, I read this morning. Of course all the rain means the grass grows faster, so my acre is ready to mow. Here I go. Later, pl

1 comment:

  1. Wish we could get a few drops of rain. I'm trying to limit my watering to every other day. Last year we didn't have one day over 100 all summer. This year they all seem to be 100 or better. I'm with you on "PittyPatter" now.

    ReplyDelete