Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Now that National Poetry Month is history, how about a blogful of shorties?

 

A DROUGHT?

Nineteen/ days without a/ poem on Facebook, so/ I'll make up for it & post on/ my blog! (5. 19. '21)

[NOTE: Can't get Blogspot to single space, so I'm dividing poems with slashes where the lines should be. Sorry.]


HAIKU
--weekend's/ sleep-in foiled...first by the cat/ then by a crow

--bargain luxury/ organic strawberries/ five bucks a quart

SENRYU
--his homework not done/ blaming me: no pencil/ in the car

--just like my mother's--/ kitchen windowsills full/ of starter plants

CINQUAIN
RETIRED! YAY!
I go/ to mail birthday/ cards and watch two yellow/ buses pass on this last school day./ I wave.

Before the rain, late spring, yesteryear


                    c 2021, PL dba lovepat press, Benton AR USA


 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment