Friday, October 21, 2016

A medley of forms -- poems


FOUR TANKA

school shootings
nothing new--
a century ago
   two boys
   in an outhouse
[OTHER DAYS, Western Grove, AR]
~~
western sun
breaks through
ominous cloud cover
   like a flashlight--
   just for a second
~~
even after lunch
I continue to read from
the loaned haiku book
   stopping now and then
   to write one of my own
~~
one more time:
washing the quilt I made
looking for whole blocks
   nothing worth keeping
   except memories
~~

THREE HAIKU

fresh sweet water
from a stream
that runs to the lake
~~
judges deconstruct
the best poems
to determine rank
~~
my state the first
to nominate a phone booth
to the Register
{Prairie Grove AR]
~~

TWO CINQUAINS

I would
collapse, too, if
I heard from the judge that
my bail was set at twenty-five
million!
~~
Thank you,
Mr. Biker,
for the quiet hum your
machine makes as it passes by
my street.
~~
~~
c PL, dba lovepat press

No comments:

Post a Comment