Monday, July 25, 2011

Computer woes worsen before getting better

After the third trip to two computer "fix-it" places, I called Microsoft/contact us. The first girl was helpful and talked to me from Panama City, Panama. The second--she forwarded me--was a man "30-minutes-from-Buffalo" who gave me the number of the place that would absolutely solve any problem I had. BUT, he lied. First, I had to pass the robot answering machine, and when I couldn't say that I was both on my computer (I was) and had the activation wizard in front of me (I didn't),he said he couldn't help and hung up on ME! I called again and kept punching the "0" until I got a real person, but I couldn't understand anything she said except "Maam" which sounded like "Mahm." I finally had to hang up--about at the end of my rope (pun intended).
I ordered an Outlook Office 2010!!! It's installed, tho I had to uninstall my Office 07 and two other related programs, BECAUSE I ordered 64-bit and those had 32.
I haven't yet checked to see if I can work on my files. If I can't, I'll probably do something really drastic!!!!!!!
Meanwhile,some poems.

THREE CINQUAINS

The grave-
yard's being split
between Senate districts.
Living leaders fuss, but the dead
don't care.
~~~~

Yellow
taxis, four-lanes
deep as far as the eye
can see, block streets in Greece--drivers
on strike.
~~~~

The wind
blows fierce, hies all
my rugs away--those old
ones cov'ring inch-wide gaps in porch
concrete.
~~~~
TANKA

dead-animal smell
shriveled earthworm on the walk
and yellowed hosta
this 3-digit weather
requires watering--or death
~~~~

c July 2011 by lovepat press

Look for A Journey of Choice (by Pat Laster)
at Amazon or Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment